Yoga with Evita is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data (referred to as 'Us, Our, We’ in this privacy document).
Data privacy is extremely important to us especially due to the sensitive nature of the data we hold for each of our members. We wish to be completely open with you about what data we hold, how it is used and the processing of your data.
Below is an outline of our data policy however if you require further information please contact us here
By providing us with your information you consent to us using it in the ways outlined below.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information such as:
Personal information and Non-personal information.
Personal information that we may collect includes the following:
- Identity data such as your name and title
- Contact data such as your email address, home address and phone number
- Usage data such as the way you interact with my website or newsletters
- Marketing and Communications data such as your preferences in receiving marketing information from Yoga with Evita and your communication preferences
Non-Personal information is data that does not reveal your personal identity such as when you click on a link on our website or view a new page, we am not informed about who does this but it helps to give an insight into how our website is used and allows us to improve your service.
HOW WE COLLECT DATA
We collect basic data from you from our first interaction on social media, by email or even face-to-face. This is often your name and email address. The new GDPR regulations have given us the opportunity to fine tune our system of practice and to give you further transparency over your data.
When you visit our website you are also prompted to allow ‘cookies’ to be utilised. Sadly these are not tasty treats that can be printed via your computer but are instead helpful small files of information that are placed on your computer to better improve your overall web experience. A cookie often contains a unique number that can be used to recognise your computer when you return to a website.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
Your information may be used in a variety of ways depending on your relationship to Yoga with Evita. It may be used to communicate with you, to monitor the way we provide information and to above all else to keep you safe while practising yoga. With your continued consent we'd like to contact you from time to time to provide you with class details, course dates, special offers, events etc. Our newsletters are sent less than once a week and in many cases once a month and although we am biased, they are often fairly useful and enjoyable to read! You can unsubscribe at anytime by clicking the bottom of the newsletter or by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
SHARING YOUR DATA
Your personal information is largely used by ourselves and any other person working under ‘Yoga with Evita'. We will never sell or pass on your data to a third-party unless legally required by the following:
- police, professional advisors, lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- regulators and other authorities based in the Sweden or Spain and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- We may need to pass your personal data on to other companies for admin purposes. We may occasionly require a third party to carry out certain activities such as monitoring how customers use the website and issuing our emails. Third parties are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes. For these purposes your details may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and you consent to such transfer by using the website: www.yogaevita.org
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
We keep your data for seven years since the last time you used our services. This is due to both tax and insurance purposes. Once the seven years has elapsed we dispose of your data in a secure manner.
You have various rights under the data protection act and the EU General Data Protection Regulations in respect of the personal information we hold about you. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to the processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Withdraw consent
THIRD PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. Yoga with Evita does not control third-party websites and we are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave this website we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
REPORTING A DATA BREACH
If we become aware that there has been a security breach, which will cause adverse effects to the individual whose data has been breached, we will report this to the relevant supervisory authority within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach. We will also notify the individual as soon as possible.
CONCERNS OR COMPLAINTS
This policy was last updated in February 2023.